HomeAbout UsHistory of DGDP
Error
  • JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: home/dgdpgov/public_html/dgdp

History of DGDP

There was a purchase wing of Director Defence Purchase (DDP) of the then Pakistan near Dhaka Cantonment. After independence in 1971 DGDP started its odyssey in humble way. The 07 (seven) Bangladeshi employees of the then DDP wing in Dhaka formed a nucleus and have started the job of DDP. Few Bangladeshi (five) also came back from Pakistan and joined in DDP. At this time, DDP had been working as adhoc basis.

On 08 January 1972, under a memorandum of Ministry of Defence, DDP formed officially and started function from combined workshop which was located at Dhaka Cantonment. During that time, DDP was accommodated at building number 202 and 208 in combined workshop in Dhaka Cantonment.

On 09 November 1972, DDP was formed and had started job from a tin shed building which is located near Jahangir gate MP Check Post. On 13 January 1973, DDP was relocated to Cantonment Bazar in Dhaka Cantonment. Directorate General of Defence Purchase in short DGDP became the new name of the then DDP on 30 March 1976. On 19 April 1977, DGDP again relocated to 110/A Banani which was known as the house of Monaem Khan (the Ex Governor of East Pakistan).

DGDP relocated herself at present location near Mohakhali in 1981. With the increase of work volume, DGDP was re-structured under the order of Ministry of Defence on 29 May 1997 and since then she is performing her job satisfactorily.

CONTACT

DIRECTORATE GENERAL DEFENCE PURCHASE (DGDP)
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
NEW AIRPORT ROAD
TEJGAON, DHAKA-1215
FAX:+88-02-9113844
E-MAIL: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
WEB:www.dgdp.gov.bd

Latest News